Michelle Slevin, Group Head of HR said:
“It was imperative the chosen solution could cope with our international spread, with the ability to configure the different terms and conditions and leave rules etc. There are so many different processes, we needed a robust and configurable system as well as a team offering high levels of support.”
Following a thorough research and procurement process, XCD were selected due to their capabilities to meet the complex requirements of Enstar, and their ability to truly understand organisational challenges and develop the solution to meet these needs.
XCD launched their core HR product to HR users, ensuring they were comfortable with the solution prior to rolling it out to the remaining 1200 users worldwide.Following this, new on-boarding and appraisal processes were introduced via the system. These processes were vital to support appropriate and constructive conversations between line managers and their staff, instead of just completing a ‘form-filling’ exercise. The automatic notifications meant that people could focus their energies on performance conversations, which had a huge impact on results.
A new salary review process was also introduced. Previously, everything was manual, but the system allowed Enstar to create a seamless process, ensuring budgets were adhered to, confidentiality was improved, and all data was real-time and accurate.
Matthew Blair, Project Manager at Enstar said:
“Working with XCD has allowed us to create a system that was heavily tailored to our current and future needs. Previously we struggled to get a real-time view of our data globally and our processes varied between regions. Now our regional HR teams are working together much more closely and have agreed corporate processes. We also have more timely and comprehensive HR dashboard reporting. The XCD team were very willing to substantially tailor the system to deliver on our requirements, which has enabled us to increase engagement and motivation across the organisation."
Enstar were able to identify clear ROI from the system in a number of different areas, and are constantly uncovering additional benefits, such as:
- Data automation has saved 1000’s of hours, particularly when calculating leave
- 5.5 days per month saved on reporting
- Centralised people data no longer 30 days out of date
- The first appraisal process since implementation saw a record 97% completed and on time, having only previously reached a maximum of 80%, a high proportion of which were late
- Global HR Dashboard allows HR to provide better support to the business at a strategic level, providing immediate, real-time data around turnover, budgeting and more
- Improved control over staff leave and absence due to self-service functionality, providing accurate information for auditing